Thursday, June 1, 2017

DIY Sorority Letters

Hi everyone!
Today I was looking at some sorority letters online. I have a hard time finding shirts that I like so, I decided to make my own... just the way I like it...and it only cost about $2!!



Ready to make this yourself?







Here is what you'll need

                                 
  • Plain shirt (old/new) . . . . . I used a plain body suit that I found in the back of my closet
  • Iron on sequins . . . . . don't forget your coupons !!!!
  • Iron
  • Ironing board
  • Scissors
  • Patience


To begin making the shirt

1. Pull up a picture of your sororities letters... Mine is ΦΣΣ

2. Decide how big and where you want the letters to be on your shirt

3. Begin cutting the sequins and forming your letters with it

4. If you have round letters, I suggest cutting triangles out of the sequins so it doesn't overlap when you bend it

5. After you have your letters completed, place them on the shirt EXACTLY how you want them

6. To iron on, make sure your shirt is completely flat on the ironing board and that the steam setting is shut off on your iron. Place a piece of paper on top of the sequins so the sequins don't melt or burn. Hold the iron down on the piece of paper for about 15 seconds... do not slide the iron because it can displace your letters.

7. You are done ironing once you can lift the paper and none of the sequin ribbon is popping off of the shirt

8. You are DONE!!! yep, its that easy


Cutting technique for round letters



Extra Tips:
  • Make sure your shirt is wrinkle-free
  • Do not use a super tight shirt for this as the letters can pop off if they are stretched too much.
  • Mark where you want the letters to be located while you have the shirt on
  • Do not hold the iron in one place for too long or you will burn something
  • Be careful washing this, the sequins are very delicate and can come off. . . .  I will be hand-washing mine
  • You can do this DIY for anything, not just sorority stuff!!
  • If you have any questions feel free to comment or email me


Why spend tons of money on letters when you can make this for $2!!!
(if you already have an old shirt you want to recycle)






Happy Crafting!!
xoxo,
    Lil








No comments:

Post a Comment